- to present the latest developments in research on European regional and urban development and the EU cohesion policy;
- to enable PhD students and early career researchers (ECR) to exchange views with EU politicians, officials and senior academics in the field of European regional and urban development and policy;
- to facilitate networking among PhD students /ECR from different countries and with the wider EU policy and academic communities;
- to raise awareness and understanding of the research potential in the field of EU cohesion policy.
- Studies' background and current position/field of research;
- quality of the draft paper outline they submit;
- other criteria such as geographical (one participant from each EU Member State and some non-EU participants) and gender balance in the Master Class 2014.
- The reform(s) of EU cohesion policy and its impact on regional and urban development in the EU;
- building administrative capacity and partnerships at local level;
- challenges for European Territorial Cooperation.
- lecture format sessions (restricted to MC participants);
- a ‘World Café’ session (restricted to MC participants);
- networking sessions (restricted to MC participants);
- attendance at other OPEN DAYS and ODU sessions;
- participation in social networking together with OD participants.
It is expected that the ODU-MC will be run in two half-day sessions pm and am and a full day .
This session would set the scene for the Master Class by outlining the current state of play for cohesion policy.