17th AGILE Conference on Geographic Information Science
Connecting a Digital Europe through Location and Place
3-6 June 2014, Castellón, Spain
On behalf of the AGILE council, we would like to invite you to participate at the 17th AGILE International Conference on Geographic Information Science, scheduled to take place between in Castellón, Spain. This years’ conference will pay special attention to the role Geographic Information Science and Technology can play to connect European universities, research centres, industry, government and citizen in the digital information age.
Call for Papers
The program will offer pre‐conference workshops, keynote sessions, parallel paper presentation sessions and a poster session to share your ideas, and to explore on‐going research and future developments, including state‐of‐the‐art applications. The conference will also allow you to network with other professionals from academia, industry and government who are interested in promoting GI teaching and research activities at the European level.
Potential contributors to this conference are invited to submit:
Full papers: maximum 6000‐words manuscript of original and unpublished scientific research. High‐quality scientific submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and will be published in the series Springer Lecture Notes in Geoinformation and Cartography. We encourage PhD students, postdocs and senior researchers to submit full papers. Papers must be written in correct English according to the Springer formatting guidelines.
Short papers: 2000 to 3000‐words manuscript of original and unpublished research work. High‐quality scientific and strategic (industrial and governmental) submissions will be accepted for presentation at the conference and will be published online as separate proceedings (with separate ISBN number). Papers must be written in correct English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
Poster submission: 500 to 1000‐words manuscript of original scientific and strategic research work. High‐quality submissions will be accepted for poster presentations at the conference, which will provide the exceptional opportunity to stimulate scientific discussions and exchange novel ideas. Posters proposals must be written in correct English according to the submission template and formatting guidelines.
Note: AGILE 2014 is running a double-blind review process. In preparing your manuscript, do not include any information which could reveal your identity, or that of your co-authors. The title section of your manuscript should not contain any author names, email addresses, or affiliation status. In the body of your submission, you should eliminate all direct references to your own previous work. That is, avoid phrases such as "this contribution generalizes our results for XYZ". Also, please do not disproportionately cite your own previous work. In other words, make your submission as anonymous as possible. We need your cooperation in our effort to maintain a fair, double-blind reviewing process.
Authors’ instructions are available on the web site of the conference (http://www.agile-online.org/
Contributors are invited to submit papers and abstracts on all topics within the fields of Geographic Information Science, including (but not limited to):
· Awareness, Representation and Analysis of Locations, Places and Geographic Phenomena
· Linked Open Data, Spatial Semantics and Spatiotemporal Ontologies
· Spatiotemporal Data Acquisition, Modelling, and Analysis
· Big Spatial Data: Analysis and Visualization
· Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery
· Uncertainty and Error Propagation
· 3D Modelling, Analysis and Visualization
· Geospatial Decision Support Systems
· Model Web, Geospatial Workflows and Service Composition
· Spatial Data Infrastructures: Data and Service Sharing
· Earth Observation Systems: Algorithms and Applications
· Geosensors Networks and Sensor Web
· Volunteered Geographic Information and Community Observatories
· Crowdsourcing, Co-creation and Participatory GIS
· Digital Earth, Virtual Globes and Spatial-oriented Augmented Reality
· Future Internet, Ubiquitous Web and Geographic Information Systems
· Cognitive Aspects of Human-Computer Interaction for Geographic Information Systems
· Geodesign and Simulation
· Location Based Services, Geospatial Services and Real-time Applications
· Indoor Navigation, Routing and Way Finding
· Smart Cities and Sustainable Development
· Environmental/Ecological and Urban/Regional Modelling
· Demographic and Socioeconomic Modelling
· Natural Resources Management and Monitoring
· Disaster and Risk Management
· Health and Medical Informatics
· Socio-Economic Impact Assessment of Geographic Information
· GIScience and Technology Education and Training
· Digital (Geospatial and Environmental) Science
The pre-conference workshops will be held on rd and are a complementary forum to the main conference, encouraging the discussion of work in progress, and facilitating a dialogue on emerging topics in small groups. A more detailed call for workshop proposals will follow later.
The AGILE Grant Program will allocate grants (scholarships) to AGILE 2014 attendees, with priority given to PhD students. An applicant must have submitted a paper or a poster. Each grant will approximately cover full conference registration and a maximum of 4 nights in a hotel chosen by the conference organizers. The call for the grants with further details will be published on the conference web site.
Important Dates and Deadlines
Full paper submission
Pre-conference workshop proposal
Notification of workshop acceptance
Notification of full paper acceptance
Camera-ready full paper copies due
Short paper and poster submission
Grant application submission
Notification of short paper and poster acceptance
Notification grant application acceptance
Camera-ready short paper copies due
Chairs Programme Committee
Joaquín Huerta (Universitat Jaume I of Castellón- UJI)
Sven Schade (European Commission – Joint Research Centre)
Carlos Granell (European Commission – Joint Research Centre)
The conference is organized in cooperation with two members of AGILE: Universitat Jaume I of Castellon (UJI) andUniversidade Nova de Lisboa (ISEGI NOVA)
For any information with respect to the conference, please contact the organizers at firstname.lastname@example.org."